Friday, June 15, 2012

One Month From Now and 10 Days Out

One month from today, I will be soaking in the skyline of Sydney before I shoot up north to destination unknown.
Sydney Skyline

The top two choices are Port Douglas or Airlie Beach, both of which are conveniently located by the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest.

Port Douglas, Queensland

Airlie Beach, Queensland
Not too shabby, eh?  I digress.  Onto more pressing topics.


In 10 days Ironman 70.3 Buffalo Springs Lake will be wrapped up and packed up.  Life has been filled with the blessings of rewarding work for the family business. While I am so proud of what my parents have built, I am ready to sit back and relax with Mom, Greer and the pups before I venture out into life unscripted. Until then I will enjoy watching Lubbock, TX transform into triathlete central! (Stay tuned - pictures to come...)     

2 comments:

  1. Chica, I was born just outside Lubbock in Hereford, and now you are heading down under. Stop stalking me J/K ;)

    And I would pick Port Douglas, the reef and rain forest is much better up there.

    I am heading to Port Douglas with my brother in 3 weeks, I will send over some pointers after the visit...we are booked for a tour to swim with Minke whales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you saying you were from around these parts. Well we are hovering around each other for the next 2 months it appears: barely missing you in Sydney and Port Douglas. We will have to set up at time to meet up! Hope all is well, see ya soon!

      Delete