Saturday, August 4, 2012

Should I Stay or Should I Go Now?


I have caught myself at a fork in the road, and can’t decide the best direction.  Why can’t Google Maps help with these directional issues? 

After my dirty Douggie Backpacker Resort experience, I escaped to the luxurious Gold Coast.  What has truly made this experience so luxurious is my good friend Ben.  He has opened up his beach front home and beautiful Australian life to me for a month.  Initially I came here to recharge my batteries, and have now found this place comfortably addicting.  The Gold Coast vibe is surprisingly similar to San Diego. Before coming here, Gold Coast was described to me as similar to Miami, FL.  While there is a decent dwelling of older snow birds, the strong surf culture and never ending summers remind me of my home in San Diego mostly.  I have too easily blended in, and find the guilty American in me searching for the challenge.  Being content is not often a phrase used to describe me.  While itching for the next adventure may end up becoming my achilles heel, for now it is the what fuels my year Down Unda. I share all of this with you, so you can better understand my fork in the road...this blog is about sharing after all.

  • Option one: Post up in Gold Coast until October.
  • Option two: Discover Indonesia, and obviously kick-off the discoveries in Bali.

Option one would consist of me trying to get involved with a research project on the 2018 Common Wealth Games, spending too much money, surfing, running on the beach, sunning and smiling easy. 
Option two would consist of yoga, paying $0.50 for a beer, soul searching, exploring ancient temples, sunning and smiling because I pushed myself out of my comfort zone. 
You can see my reason for my inner debate, right?  Yes, I realize you are cursing my name because my current primary conflict in life is  deciding between two paradises, but you can come join me in either paradise if you like:) I am leaning towards Indonesia, because I think I am eager to experience life with a challenge out of my comfort zone.  However, Gold Coast has presented a happy little bubble with beautiful people warming my spirit me at every corner. So I ask you, where would Google Maps tell me to go now? 

3 comments:

  1. Go for Indonesia I think! read the Mark Twain quote in your about me section again. That quote is screaming at you to go. Enjoy your time, be safe, and can't wait to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indo! You didn't travel that far to do things you could do in SD in a place like SD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G-the flight is booked, so excited! This means you have to come over for our own Indo surf trip next year. I will have all the key spots and people ready and waiting...start planning to become funemployed again!

      Delete