Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Its Not all Roses and Roofs


Sometimes there is no room in the inn, so they throw you in a Stylie Tent.  I am not sure what the hostel was trying to portray through the name “Stylie Tent”, but stylish should not be the intended interpretation.  What I am trying to say is, for a week I have been sleeping out back in a tent that is not the most sanitary of living conditions I have encountered.  In all honesty it is not that bad, and I have made a wonderful friend with my tent mate, Mary.  

Home Sweet Home for the past week.

Mary, Jose and I enjoying a night out in Port. 


My tent also happens to be in a tropical paradise.  Just a short walk to the beach, and boom you are on the set of Jurassic Park (threat of killer dinosaurs exempt).  I will gladly pay the tent price to call this home for a week!
View that overlooks Four Mile Beach
What is interesting about this hostel, are the amount of people obsessed with living like dirty hippies for months on end.  I love peace. I sometimes like peace pipes. I always like showers and proper personal space, though.  Not this breed.  They like dirty feet, acid trips and coming home to a snug tent or spray painted roadie-van. While these are good  people, they are not my people (much to my mothers approval may I mind you).  So, those of you who were still consulting with jury on my dirty hippy conviction, the verdict has come in and I am innocent.  However, I still claim to be a fun loving hippy. 

Many of the people rent these spray painted vans and drive around OZ. 


Ah the tent life

All in all Port Douglas was an amazing experience, but I couldn't stay entertained longer than one week.  I loved the surrounding scenery with the rainforest and great barrier reef so easy to access.  I highly recommend coming here for a long weekend, and enjoying these top sights.   Post on the rainforest and Great Barrier Reef coming soon...

Gorgeous sunset from the marina

No comments:

Post a Comment